Location: Sinclair Dermatology, Level 2, 2 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne, Vic, 3002
Date: Saturday, 8th December 2018
With skill and confidence GPs can diagnose and treat most dermatological conditions requiring surgical interventions.
Attend this hands-on practical day to upskill on dermoscopy, confidently identify skin malignancies, and increase your skill in performing a range of procedures including excisions, shave biopsies, various suturing techniques and follow up care.
After attending this seminar, GPs will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to undertake a comprehensive skin examination.
- Accurately diagnose signs of potential skin malignancy using a dermoscope.
- Outline the management of common benign skin conditions using approaches such as curettage, shave biopsy, cryosurgery, excision and medical therapy.
- Identify when biopsy or further investigations are appropriate for differential diagnoses to best meet the needs of the patient and ensure patient safety.
- Detail approaches to treat and manage non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Outline optimal approaches to manage wounds and minimise scarring following surgical intervention.