Location: AAMI Park, 60 Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne VIC 3004
Date: Sunday, 25th November 2018
GPs are a first port of call for orthopaedic overuse or trauma injuries. This practical, hands-on seminar will improve your skills in identifying and treating common injuries of the lower back, hip and groin. Learn from leading sports physicians and orthopaedic specialists about diagnosis and optimal management of your patients with musculoskeletal injuries.
After attending this seminar, GPs will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to take a clinical history and undertake a physical examination for common musculoskeletal disorders of the lower back, hip and groin.
- Identify yellow and red flag symptoms that indicate the need for further investigation and/or referral
- Determine when imaging or related investigations are appropriate for differential diagnosis and to ensure patient safety
- Describe management pathways for common musculoskeletal conditions of the lower back, hip and groin, from pain relief and physical therapy, through to radiological and surgical intervention
- Identify appropriate health care providers or specialists for referral