Date: Saturday 11th August
Location: Shangri-La Hotel, 176 Cumberland St, Sydney NSW 2000
Join us for the 2018 Dermatology Academy seminar to update your knowledge on the assessment, treatment and referral of common skin and allergic conditions, with a focus on skin of colour.
Hear from leading experts to learn practical tips and how to avoid common traps. This interactive seminar covers a diverse range of topics from skin infections, allergic and atopic disorders to fungal disease and common skin rashes.
At the end of this activity, GPs will be able to:
- Distinguish, assess and manage (with emphasis on infection control and prevention), the common bacterial, viral and fungal skin infections seen in general practice.
- Identify risk factors and describe the association between atopic dermatitis in children and later development of asthma and allergic rhinitis.
- Identify strategies to discern between benign and malignant skin lesions and recommend appropriate management.
- Assess the clinical presentations of common skin autoimmune conditions such as alopecia areata, vitiligo and urticarial and recommend evidence-based treatment options.
- Describe the presentation of hyperhidrosis and hidradenitis suppurativa and ensure patient safety with appropriate and timely referral.
- Identify common traps and practical tips in above specified skin conditions.
- Be aware of variations that might occur in diagnosis and/or treatment when assessing skins of differing colour and age.